My undereye area is often one of my face’s problem areas. I get dark circles and concealer tends to settle into fine lines and look dry and/or cakey. Not so flattering with or without concealer. But no worries – Benefit to the rescue!
According to Benefit, this concealer contains Vitamin E and apple seed extract. These ingredients allows it to cover dark circles while diffusing fine lines and hydrating skin for six hours. The formula is silky smooth and is designed to look natural, as if you don’t even have make-up on. It comes in three shades – light (01), medium (02), and deep (03).
A concealer that doesn’t crease, fade, or settle while it hydrates? Color me curious. I got this nifty little concealer stick in Medium (02). So how does it work? You swipe it on and then gently pat it outwards with your ring finger. Well I suppose any finger would do, but the directions say ring. I applied it roughly to my forearm first –
Then gave it a swipe and blended it out under my eye –
- Ugh, this formula feels SO much better than regular concealer. It doesn’t tug, cake, or look/feel dry. It glided on and blended out like a breeze. A few hours later I checked it and it still looked great (without setting powder) and felt hydrated.
- It isn’t a miracle concealer, but it does cover.
- It looks like my skin, not like makeup.
- The tube is cute and travel-friendly, clicking shut so you know you won’t lose the cap in your bag and end up with a lint-y concealer.
- One swipe per eye and you’re good to go! This stick should last awhile, despite needing to reapply throughout the day.
- There are only 3 shades. I probably fall somewhere in between light and medium so I may have to do a little custom mixing – not everyone is willing to do so for a match and may just look elsewhere.
- Wear time is about 5-6 hours, so you will need to touch up after that time.
- It won’t replace any eye creams, so don’t get too excited about the hydration aspect of this product.